Broke and craving a hot, homemade meal, but your version of cooking is pushing buttons on a microwave?
So, we came up with breakfast, dinner and dessert you can make in a mug, in your microwave! Simple recipes made from ingredients we guarantee you have in your pantry or fridge at home. Get ready to impress yourself…
and your stomach.
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp sour cream
½ tsp lemon juice
¼ tsp vanilla
2-4 tbsp sugar (taste as you go)
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly
in a microwave-safe mug.
- Cook on high heat for 120
seconds, stirring every 30 seconds to incorporate all ingredients.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Optional: Top with fresh fruit, crushed graham crackers or granola.
What’s a quiche?
A savory French breakfast pastry you’re about to master,
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
1/5 of a bagel (or similar amt of French bread or a bun)
2 teaspoons cream cheese
1-2 slices deli ham
Salt + pepper
Dijon mustard (optional)
- Beat egg and milk together with a fork in coffee cup, add salt and pepper to taste. Tear bread into dime-size pieces; stir in. Add cream cheese; stir in.
Add ham to mixture.
- Microwave on high about 100 seconds. Garnish with mustard.
*Ideas for additional add-ins: salami, spinach, diced tomato, herbs, cheese
So-much-better-than-Easy Mac & Cheese.
Back away from the blue box and fake cheese powder.
You’re in college now.
1/3 cup pasta (Spirals, bow-ties, elbows, whatever you like)
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup milk (Use less than this, most likely)
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
(Mix and match with Gouda, American or pepper jack for a kick!)
Salt + pepper or hot sauce to taste
- Microwave water and pasta on high for two minutes, then stir. A lot of times the water will overflow while it heats up; this is OK! (If you don’t want it to overflow make it in a large microwaveable bowl instead of a mug.)
- Repeat this at least two to six more minutes, stirring at each 2-minute interval. The water should absorb completely and the pasta will be cooked through. Remove from the microwave, stirring in milk and cheese. Microwave for another minute. Stir the cheese thoroughly into the pasta and eat up!